Monday, March 30, 2009

Blue Bell and Bluebonnets...doesn't get any better than that!

Recently Kendall and I took a day to have a Mommy & Me adventure. We headed up 290 in search of blue bonnets. I had also been wanting to take her to the Blue Bell Creamery, but since they are closed on the weekends it's been near impossible for us to make a family trip up there.
So, Kendall and I just went on our own, leaving poor daddy stuck in the office.

Kendall had a fantastic time at the Blue Bell plant (sorry, no pictures allowed inside the actual tour...it's all top secret stuff). Their tours are really fun (and short, thank goodness)...and they end in the most wonderful way...with a free scoop of hand-dipped ice cream! Kendall indulged in "birthday cake" flavor, which was admittedly pretty yummy.

Kendall's favorite part (outside of the ice cream eating) was running around on the gorgeous grounds outdoors, and she also enjoyed "shopping" their adorable gift shop. Definitely a fun day trip we recommend!

By the trademark Blue Bell girl & cow:

Sitting on the first freezer truck--circa approx. 1930s I believe.

A few lovely pictures in their pretty courtyard.



From there we headed out Hwy. 105 in search of a bluebonnet patch to take the Texas traditional kid-in-bluebonnet pictures that are a staple around here. The flowers were everywhere around us, but the biggest patches were behind fences (w/signs that said "no trespassing/private property") so we didn't risk it there. I found us a nice little patch on a stretch of road between Brenham and Navasota. I changed K's clothing and got busy snapping. Unfortunately Kendall wasn't as cooperative as I'd hoped--she was pretty mezmerized by all the beautiful blue flowers...so I did the best I could. Here are a few of my favorites from the bunch:







And we're done! (aka mommy's camera battery went dead)

2 comments:

  1. kelly, I love those pictures! They are precious! We are going with my mom this weekend for her birthday! I can't wait! :)

    ReplyDelete